Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Bricked WRVS4400n ??

have a WRVS4400n (v1) that I was given as a swap out to a different model.  I was having problems with it's stability  (intermittent conection issues, so I decided to upgrade the firmware from 1.00.12 to the latest available.  I backed up the configuration on therouter then downloaded  and installed the firmware update.  After the reboot.  The router now has alternately flashing power and diagnostic lights.  I can not longer access the web interface of the router (I can't ping it either).  so I downloaded the router recovery utility for the 4400 but when I run the utility I get the error message "cannot find any adaptor"   I've also tried using the 30/30/.30 techniqure for restting it, but the only thing this router now does is blink power and diag leds at me!!

is there any thing I can do to revive this router ?

I'm pretty sure there's no warranty left on it and since it was given to me I doubt I can get any warranty work done on it!

Everyone's tags (1)
2 REPLIES

Re: Bricked WRVS4400n ??

Hi Pierre,

the WRVS4400N  is covered by a three year  limited hardware warranty;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/general/warranty/3year_SmallBusiness.html

Ring the Small business Support center (SBSC) via the contact phone number in the following URL;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Your machine is bricked. This has happened to me before and somehow the recovery software worked and fixed my RVS4000.  I still haven't figured out how.  Someone responding to this thread may have some suggestions.  I would  still  ring the SBSC and check entitlement for warranty support.

good luck,

Regards Dave

Re: Bricked WRVS4400n ??

I got yhe 44oo running again using the recovry utility Cisco really should mention that it doesn't work with Windows 7 and that when you do the recovery that it takes 15 hours!!!  seriouslt 15 hours to rewrite the firmware on a router is a bit much!

but it's working again (almost!)  now the wirless works and the wired lan ports work,  but I have 50% packet loss on the WAn port!  I had to put back into service my trusty Netgear MR814 router until I get this thing working!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content