Views
Helpful
Replies

Can not get WET200 Bridge to wireless connect to EA6900 Router

krazykat1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a connectivity problem with my LinkSys WET200 Wireless-G business Ethernet Bridge

SN: MVP007800846. Any trouble shooting suggestions appreciated.

My system is Dell Vostro 1500 laptop, with Windows XP SP3

Basis problem: When I try to connect wireless to my NEW LynkSys EA6900 router; I receive the error “Limited or no connection” from the cable connection icon in the system tray.   I have tried several things ( restart computer, restart WET200) to make a valid connection with no success.

BACKGROUND and what I have completed:

I replaced my old LinkSys WRT router with a new LynkSys EA6900 router.  The EA6900 is up and running (after a few set up problems) and able to connect to both PC and MAC laptops and Android and Mac phones plus a couple of wireless printers.

To set up the WET200, I connected an Ethernet ( ENet) cable from the Wet200 PoE port to a unused port on the EA6900 router. I used my PC desktop Firefox browser to access the WET200 setup screens by entering the WET200 default IP address in the Firefox address bar.  I connected to the WET200, entered the default username and password and could see all the setup screens.

I selected the WIRELESS, Basic setup, did a sight survey and my EA6900 network name and security setting was present.  I entered the network name in the Basic Wireless setup and changed the WET200 security setting to match the network security setting.

I removed the ENet cable connecting the WET200 to the EA6900 router. Power recycled the WET200.  I then connected an ENet cable from Port 3 on the WET200 to the Enet cable connector on my PC laptop. 

I then received the error “Limited or no connection” from the cable connection icon in the system tray.

Thanks, krazykat1

1 Reply 1

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hello krazykat

Need to ask a few questions, so I understand the network and the area this is in. How far apart are the router and WET? Did this work with your previous router, what kind was it? Normally we (Small Business) can not guarantee compatibly  with non small business equipment.

I have seen WDS work  between a WET 200 and other WET200's, also with some of the other older Small Business routers, like WRV200, and 210. 

The main problem is most likely that the EA6900 is too new. I say that because the EA6900 is an AC router, the WET200 only does "G". One of the major components required for WDS to work is that Radio Chipsets match and well as channel, radio signal G to G, G/N to G/N, N to N.

I am afraid that there is too much age difference between your products.  

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Eric Moyers | Cisco Technical Support |
Wireless and Surveillance Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered 

You can click my name beside the picture if you need to email me directly 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: