Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Can't see WAP4410N on domain network

I had to set up security connected directly to laptop but when I connect the WAP4410N to the domain network I can not access it using http://192.168.1.245 . What can I do to access this box before I put in its final location, on top of the office. is there something that needs to be set for it to communicate inside the domain network?

3 REPLIES

Gary make sure your AP is set to the same Subnet as your domain or you will not be able to see it on your network.

Gary,

How are you trying to access the WAP4410 (i.e wireless or wired to a switch or router)? Please verify that you have set a static IP address (192.168.1.245) on your AP and that it is in the same Subnet as your network.If you are trying to access it wirelessly you have enable WLAN management. What is the error message that you are getting? Can you ping the AP?

Blake Wright

Cisco Network Engineer

Black,

did a web-ex with cisco and when he check it out everything was set up properly. it works now and I am setting up security.not sure what happend but when I contacted you I wasn't able to access it over the domain. thanks for the suggestions.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content