Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access VAPs menu on AP541N-K9-2.0(4)

We cannot access the "Wireless Network Setup (VAPs)" menu on our Cisco AP541N-K9-2.0(4) Dual Band Access Point anymore (see attachments). Please help. Thank you.

Hello,
we cannot access the "Wireless Network  Setup (VAPs)" menu on our Cisco AP541N-E-K9 Dual Band Access Point anymore (see  attachments). Please help. Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cannot access VAPs menu on AP541N-K9-2.0(4)

Try using https, we had the same issue and that's what fixed it for us.

11 REPLIES

Hello,

Have you tried updating to the newest firmware? That would fix any known bugs in the firmware. If this does not solve your problem, let me know, and we can continue to work on this problem.

Thank you,

Alex

Yes, but we already have the newest firmware (2.0.4).

Hello,

If you haven't done so already, try connecting your computer directly to the AP. If you are using a router or a switch to connect to your AP, this may be causing the problem.

Let me know if this works.

Alex

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

We did, unfortunately it (still) doesn't work. We have contacted support and they have proceeded with an RTF. Thank you for your time and support anyway.

Try using https, we had the same issue and that's what fixed it for us.

I'm afraid it's too late now, we already got a replacement. We'll keep that in mind, though, in case it happens again. Thank you.

Amazing: after waiting approximately 1 week, the device was returned with the exact same issue. Fortunately, using HTTPS does work as a workaround. Thank you, Darrel Mosier. Apparently, you are more qualified than Cisco's own support. I remember the times when Cisco represented quality. Boy, how the times have changed.

Hello Filipe, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

Was that the only page on the GUI you were having issues with or was it the entire GUI?

What browsers versions were you using?

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866

Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00 (UTC - 05:00)

Yes, Eric, that was (is) the only page on the GUI we were (are) having issues with; it was (is) not the entire GUI.

We were (are) using Chrome, Firefox, and IE.

Thank you.

Same story here, I also sent in one of our first models for a replacement and the new one arrived with the same problem. Cisco support wasn't any help... at least it works with https.

After...

Multiple factory reset & tried all possibile firmware...

HTTPS was the solution... No comment

Thanks Darrel

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content