Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP541N connection problems

We have a cisco network with 2 Cisco AP 541N access points in different locations. The network looks (roughly) as follows:

AP problem.png

Both access points are joined into a cluster. They only transmit VLAN 10. Neither Are using PoE but both are capable of it.

AP2 stopped responding to pings. Upon checking AP1, AP2 had disappered from the cluster.

I took AP2 to my desk and set my laptop nic to be say 192.168.1.2 and connected it to the AP. No luck. No ping. Nothing.

Having a previously saved config I decided to restore the AP to default settings and upload the new config.

As per the Admin Guide (see here page 19) I disconnected the AP from the network and used a paper clip to press the reset button for more than 10 seconds.

Upon rebooting I set my IP to 192.168.10.250 but got the exact same symptoms. No ping. No http connection. Nothing.

An interesting side effect is that when I unplug the network cable from the AP it powers off and reboots. We did try PoE on it a while ago but network issues prevented it from working (the AP powered up correctly though).

The only other thing I can think of that may have caused issues is that we powered it down once or twice while getting the power cable extended.

Anyone experienced issues similar to this or can provide advice? Thanks in advance.

0 Replies 0