Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco WAP321 crashes entire network

I'm trying to add a Cisco Access Point (WAP321) to our network and every time I plug it into the network, the internet goes down. The Access Point works, but the rest of the network loses internet access. DHCP is disabled and I have manually set an I.P. address and this issue still occurs, so I've ruled out a possible I.P. address conflict. What could be causing this? The network consists of a modem going into a Cisco 5505 Firewall and then to a Cisco switch.

2 REPLIES

Hi Charlie,Is the network

Hi Charlie,

Is the network still be able to communicate between each other normally except for internet access?, did you try to ping the ap ip address from the firewall and the switch while the problem is occuring?

Regards,

Aref

My name Eric Moyers. I am an

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. 

What IP scheme are you using on your network? Are you pre-configuring anything else on the the AP before you add it to the network? Can you try to by-pass the switch to see if you get a different result?

If this does not improve your issue, please call our support center and open a case so that one of our engineers can work directly with you.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Technical Support | Wireless and Surveillance Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Views
Helpful
Replies