Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco WAP321: Power lights is solid amber on PoE, but is blinking green on external power

My Cisco WAP321 has been acting up. My end-users noticed that they are unable to connect to the wireless connections as broadcasted.

I have tried to restore the device to factory defaults both holding the reset button for 10 seconds, but upon connecting to my network, I am unable to find the result device using the Cisco FindIT tool nor am I able to see MAC address come up on that IP range as dictated by my DHCP range.

I have tried setting my laptop the 192.168.1.100 static IP and directly connecting to the WAP but I don't seem to allow me to connect to the device.

As mentioned in the title, the power lights is solid amber on PoE, but is blinking green on external power which I know is supposed to indicate that the device updating firmware. Is this indicative of the hardware failing? Are there any other measure I can take to make my WAP operational once more?

Everyone's tags (1)
Views
Helpful
Replies