cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device that Supports WiFi/802.11n Connectivity to ISP.

rais
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I am looking for an access-point or a router that has DHCP-client enabled on its Wireless side. Imagine all computers/devices are wired and don't support wireless. Here is a diagram:

Service Provider----))))))))  Wi-Fi/802.11a/b/g/n (((((((((((((------Device-I'm-looking-for ------------------ wired computers.

Please advise.

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Sounds like you are trying to create a bridge between two device? Can you provide little more detail in what you are needing to accomplish? All our wirelessly routers have the ability to give out DHCP on it's wirelessly interface.

Please clarify so we could provide the best possible answer.

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Jasbryan,

Thanks for your reply.

There is a nook in my house where I can't run cables to. However, there is WiFi/wireless coverage there. I want to use that wireless coverage to create a small network. I will be connecting some devices that do not support wifi in that area. I was wondering if there is a device [say device X] that I can use to stretch the ethernet wirelessly. I want X to be a client of my existing WiFi network. Get the IP address and in return, NAT the devices connected to it's [X's] switch ports to that address.

Hence the diagram:

Existing WiFi = DHCP-Server--------))))))))  Wi-Fi/802.11a/b/g/n (((((((((((((------Device-X=DHCP-Client ------------------ wired computers.

Thanks.

You can get a cheap 1042 wireless AP and configure repeater.

Looking for Cisco equivalent for this device. It connects to Service Provider using WiFi + lets users use WiFi for access or wired ports.

Thanks.

Rais,

Thanks for the link - please call into the support center @ 1-866-606-1866 and ask for some presales information. We will get more details about your network/topology and make suitable suggestions on what our devices could accomplish.

I was thinking about WET200 but looking at the other device can do,we might need to add or change to a different product model.

The WET200

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps10047/ps10053/data_sheet_c78-501862.pdf

Thanks

Jasbryan

That's just what I stated.  An autonomous WAP, like the 1130, 1240, 1040, etc and configure repeater.

Thanks.

I easily found the manual for WET200 and that's quite close to what I was looking for. I couldn't find any manuals for WAP 1130,1240 or 1040. May be these devices can also do what I am trying to achieve.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: