Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Disconnect issues with wap561

We have several WAP561 units clustered with a total of 6 units. These all of the latest firmware and were factory reset and reconfigured after updating to 1.0.4.4. We patched hoping that it would address our issues, however we still have the same problem. Randomlly, the WAP's will disconnect our users for about 40 - 60 seconds. I have been looking at this issue for over a month and have tried various different settings, but have not been able to isolate the issue.

All of the waps are using static channels assigned by the cluster. I have changed the settings on the cluster so that it will only check the channels once every 6 months.

Today I segmented the waps out into a sepearte vlan and have been looking at the network traffic to isolate any switch or router infrastrcutre issues. I have not seen any oddities in the traffic on the VLAN since the changes.

Finally, I have already scaned our entire building for other wireless sources and have cleaned up everything that we found. There should be no issue with signal interferance..

Do you have any other ideas on settings that we can look at to help address this issue?

It is important to point out that we did not have this type of issue until we switched over to these specific devices.

Thanks..

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Disconnect issues with wap561

Hello Eric,

Please contact Cisco Support and report this issue. One of our Engineers will be able to work with you to isolate the root cause.

Thanks,

Nagaraja

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content