Views
Helpful
Replies

Disconnection problem with WAP4410N

SamEarth86
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with my Linksys Wap4410n regarding some disconnections...

I configured it with wpa 2 personal password, access point, b/g/n mixed...

So a normal access point configuration and it works well when I use the default firmware (1.0.12).

After updating and/or resetting & updating with all higher firmware (2.0.0.5 / 2.0.0.12 / 2.0.1.0), sometimes it losts the connection.

So I have to turn off the airport (I'm currently using a macbook and an iphone) in both cases and turn it on.

I don't want this problem is due to an incompatibility with the apple's airport or whatever...

Giovanni

38 Replies 38

i got both of mine replaced and after 1 month the problem is back. im so frustrated with this sh1t device

Same problems here .. All three WAP4410n drops all connections .. 2.0.5.3 does not resolve the issue. In fact the release note of 2.0.5.3 mentions a known issue -

CSCtx62203 In certain environments and traffic model, the WAP4410N may lockup after some undetermined time. Workaround: Reboot the device.

Rebooting the device is not a workaround, it is a operational nightmare .. u never know when the AP will drop connections.

they made me sign up for a beta program to try to fix this issue.. this is garbage but i will push for another device if i dont get this working in 1 week.

I am a Support Engineer with Cisco Systems and I have accepted ownership of
your case. I will send out the Multi User Beta test agreement (MUBTA). Please
accept it then I will send you the FTP information for beta firmware to fix your issue.

i will update with the ftp site and firmware

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your msg. Appreciate if you could revert at the earliest, our entire office wireless network relies on WAP4410's.

regards

Ravi

Hi Juan,

Any progress with this disconnect issue on WAP 4410n ?

regards

adrodrigues
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

I am also having the same problem and even upgrading to the latest firmware version and yet the AP WAP4410N keeps falling.

Does anyone know how to access it through SSH, the password for the web is not the same?

regards

Anderson

Hi,

We have the same problem in our office with the WAP4410N device.

Has any progress been made on correcting this problem?

Kind Regards,

Paul Listo

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

Please call into the Support Center and have a case opened. There is a beta firmware available that has been found to help with this issue. In order to make this firmware available, we need to have a case opened and then escalate that case to our Level 2. They are the group that has the ability to get that firmware to you.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Advanced Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

*Please rate Post so other will know when answer have been found.

Hi Eric,

I having the similar problems with two WAP4410N. I am from Brazil, is there any way to scale by e-mail to obtain the firmware beta?

Tks

Hello Eric,

I'm from Brazil too, and I would how can I get the firmware ?

Hello Thanks for reaching out to me.

There is a Support Center in Costa Rica, that can help you with this issue and getting the firmware for this device.

Cisco Small Business Support contacts:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

If you click this link and look up Brazil it will give you the number to call.

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866 ext 601027

Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00 (UTC - 05:00)

Thank you.

Hello,

I’m from Belgium, i recently bought 10 of these acces points and had prombles from the beginning.

I called the helpdesk, and a support guy connected remotely to my acces point, changed some settings, but didn’t solved the problem. It very frustrated that these acces points don’t work like the should. Please give a solution to this problem!

Is there a firmware update yet? I use version 2,0,5,3$µ

Do i donwgrade to firmware version 2.0.2.1, or lower?

kiril.varnakov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I have same problem. What about new firmware?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

ajamore60
Level 1
Level 1

it seems that Cisco has a fix for this problem but unless you get them a copy of your syslog(not a problem), a copy of the config backup(not a problem), a packet capture when the problem is happeing( why? the problem is with the wireless not the wireed network) ), and run some program called inssider(still don;t know wht this is for) they will not let you have the  firmware version to fix your problem.

It seems the firmware is still a beta version, but unless you waste all day, you can't have the firmware to fix the problem.

Time to get a refund.........