Views
Helpful
Replies

Easy way to monitor connected clients on SR520 wireless

sossie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have installed an SR520 with wireless for a client. They have asked if there is an easy way for them to monitor who is connected to the wireless at any given point in time. They are not capable of using the IOS command line.

Any suggestions on how this could be easily acheived?

Cheers, Simon.

1 Reply 1

Hello Mr. O'Sullivan

Let me share with you some information that I found about Monitoring Wireless Cisco devices.

Is needed to access the Wireless Control system. Once you are there please follow the next instructions.

Step 1 Click Monitor > Clients to navigate to the Clients Summary page.

Step 2 The sidebar area enables you to select a new configuration panel under the menu area that you have selected. You can make only one choice. The selector area options vary based on the menu that you select.

New Search drop-down menu: Opens the Search Clients window. Use the Search Clients window to configure, run, and save searches.

Saved Searches drop-down menu: Lists the saved custom searches. To open a saved search, choose it from the Saved Searches list.

Edit link: Opens the Edit Saved Searches window. You can delete saved searches in the Edit Saved Searches window.

Step 3 In the sidebar, click New Search. The Search Clients window appears.

You can configure the following parameters in the Search clients window:

Search By

Clients Detected By — Choose WCS for clients stored in WCS that were detected through polling of the controllers from WCS. Choose Location Servers for clients stored on the location server that were detected by the location server through controller polling.

Last detected within — A time increment from 5 minutes to 24 hours.

Client States —Specify if you want to view clients only in a specific state such as idle, authenticated, associated, probing, or excluded.

Include Disassociated — To include clients that are no longer on the network but for which WCS has historical records.

Restrict By Protocol — To restrict the search by protocol. Then from the drop-down menu choose 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g.

Restrict by SSID — To restrict the search by SSID. Then enter the SSID in the text field.

CCX Compatible — To search for CCX compatible clients.

E2E Compatible — To search for E2E compatible clients.

Save Search — To save the search in the Saved Searches drop-down menu.

Items per page — The number of found items to display on the search results page.

Step 4 Choose All Clients in the Search By drop-down menu and click GO. The related search results window appears. The search results are listed.

Let me send you the link from the Cisco site where I found this information.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/4.1/configuration/guide/wcsmon.html#wp1090194

hope you find this answer useful, if it was satisfactory for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Thank you

Select VLAN

Select the ID of the VLAN whose port membership you are configuring. For each port in the

VLAN, select the appropriate configuration option:

Tagged

The interface is a member of the VLAN. All packets transmitted by the port will be tagged and will

carry VLAN information.

Untagged

The interface is a member of the VLAN. All packets transmitted by the port will be untagged and

will not carry VLAN information.

Excluded

The interface is excluded from the VLAN.

You could check this information on the VLAN to Port screen which displays each port’s VLAN

membership information. It is also used to add a port to or delete a port from a VLAN.

hope you find this answer useful, if it was satisfactory for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Thank you

Hello Mr. O'Sullivan

Let me share with you some information that I found about Monitoring Wireless Cisco devices.

Is needed to access the Wireless Control system. Once you are there please follow the next instructions.

Step 2 The sidebar area enables you to select a new configuration panel under the menu area that you have selected. You can make only one choice. The selector area options vary based on the menu that you select.

New Search drop-down menu: Opens the Search Clients window. Use the Search Clients window to configure, run, and save searches.

Saved Searches drop-down menu: Lists the saved custom searches. To open a saved search, choose it from the Saved Searches list.

Edit link: Opens the Edit Saved Searches window. You can delete saved searches in the Edit Saved Searches window.

Hello Mr. O'Sullivan

Hello Mr. O'Sullivan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: