cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Excessive Hold Time When Contacting SBSC

amoebamusic
Level 1
Level 1

I gave up. While on hold two hours, just to speak with a tier 1 tech, I've been reading other forums on this product, leaving my bad reviews.  No matter where you go, almost every one seems to be having the same issue. Several people on different forums mentioned great luck with the D-Link's AirPremier N Dual Band Access Point DAP-2553, PoE support, multiple SSID, 802.1Q VLA.

Looking into it I noticed that Newegg.com is have a great sale on them until 9/30. Picked up two of them for $79 each. Normaly $160 each. I'll eat the cost and try to sell the wap4410n's on ebay to re-coup. I rather eat the cost of new AP's then loose a good client over this.

Epic fail Cisco.

2 Replies 2

streaves
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Channing - Thanks for your post. Can you please provide your case number as well as the number you dialed when you were left on hold? It is definitely not the Cisco policy to leave customers on hold for that length of time so I'd like to investigate your case.

Thank you in advance,

Stephanie Reaves

Cisco Small Business Technology Group

Too late and a dollar short. I've already replaced the WAP4410N"s with D-Link DAP-2553's and not only do they do every thing that the Cisco/Linksys device does, they signal strangth is better and there hasn't been any need to re-boot them every day.I hope I can sell the WAP4410N's on ebay!

As for the case #, I wasn't on hold, I was just waiting to get to the next available tech support. Maybe you should hire more tech support so your clients don't have to wait an hour or more just to speak with tier one support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: