cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware update for WRVS4400Nv2

JayDWiech
Level 1
Level 1

I have this piece at my home and just realized today that there is a new firmware available on the cisco web page.  It has made the device more stable, but the most noticeable improvement is in the UI.  Previously it was a linksys for business UI that was pretty much exactly like the consumer products.  After the upgrade it is now a Cisco small business UI.  I think that this will make the resellers take the products more seriously as a small business piece rather than an upgraded residential product.

2 Replies 2

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The new UI is an effort going on across all Cisco Small Business portfolio.  Trying to get a common look and feel.

Jut a note though, this product (and other Small Business products) was never 'consumer' though, it used to be Linksys Business Series (a BU inside Linksys when we acquired them several years back called the COBO- connected office BU)  The products were purpose built with more business capabilities.  This is the part of the Linksys Division we absorbed into Cisco to round out our small business portfolio.

Thanks for your feedback and your advise,

Steve DiStefano    

Systems Engineering, US Field Channel Sales.

Great User Interface indeed-horrible with reliability. Conigured with same sattings as replaced v.1 and can't stay connected for more than an Hour. Not a defective unit though-programmed 2 others same way and very same results-wireless drops almost immidiately, then can't access Router config and after few hours complete restart-nothing works.

Using wireless on Channel free of interference, besides that 4 IPSec tunnels-those stay alive until the end.

Regards

Voytek