cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

firmware upgrade fail and disconnect

peaceablegarden
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, New to the forum. Thanks in advance for your help. Have been having some wireless connectivity issues the past few days. Started troubleshooting this morning and thought to upgrade my router firmware. Am using a Cisco E2500 on a Dell PC with Win 7. Attemped the upgrade twice wirelessly and both times the upgrade was around 95% complete and gave me a upgrade fail message and dropped the connection. Tried again with hardwire and same results. Stumped. Thanks again.

2 Replies 2

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Karen,

Please move your thread to the Small-Business -> Wireless forums. They can help you better there.

You can choose to move the thread from the right pane.

Regards,

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Hey Karen, I am sorry your having issues with your Cisco E2500. Unfortunately we can not assist you here in the Small Business Forums. The E2500 will be supported here:

http://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/bd-p/Wireless_Routers/page/15

Near the top on the left hand side you will see a blue box that says "new message". Click this and you will be on your way to posting your question.

I can say this, I always recommend doing a firmware upgrade will hardwired into the router. Also you may try using a different browser.

Good Luck

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

Wireless Subject Matter Expert

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866

Mon - Fri 09:30 - 18:30 (UTC - 05:00)