Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Freeradius and RV180W

Hello All,

I have the RV180W and I've set it up for WPA Enterprise authentication and things overall are going pretty well.  I have one hang up that I need to overcome before I can make it production.  Currently, when I edit my /etc/freeradius/users file to add a new user I am able to successfully setup clear text passwords.  I have setup SHA, MD5, or other hashed passwords and I can authenticate using another linux based machine and the "radtest" command, but when it comes down to using it with the wireless it will not work for me.  Can anyone advise on how to get this system working with the RV180W and any form of hashed passwords rather than clear-text passwords.

Thank you,

Lucas

1 REPLY
Bronze

Freeradius and RV180W

Dear Lucas,

Thank you for reaching Small Business Support Community.

It's been a few days now and nobody on the community has replied with an advice or suggestion regarding your inquiry.  On the RV180W the WAP Enterprise feature is just a matter of selecting it as the encryption type, no further configuration is required on the router.  I suggest you to get in contact with the freeRADIUS support for further assistance.

I wish you could be a better help and please do not hesitate to reach us back if there is anything we may assist you with in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content