cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to setup QoS for IP/Mac Address WRVS4400N

jamesgarvey
Level 1
Level 1

I need some help setting up QoS for two Cisco/Linksys devivces on my network. 

Network devices are Comcast SB6120 modem into WRVS4400n (v2.0.2.1 firmware) that divides into one 24 port gigabit Netgear unmanaged switch, 1 port into AT&T Cisco Microcell, 1 port to HP Officejet 7700 wired printer.  Unmanaged switch has approx 10 devices attached (including another 8 port unmanaged gigabit switch).  3 static leases are defined for the network for three devices (HP OJ 7700 printer, Cisco/Linksys PAP2 VOIP adapter, windows home server v1.  DHCP is handled by WRVS4400n.  Comcast service provides 12mbps of service upstream, 4mbps downstream.

Need to setup QoS for AT&T Microcell and PAP2 VOIP adapter.  The real issue that I can't figure out how to configure is IP based priority access.  I can do rate control for an IP address but can't figure out how to specify priority control for an IP.

Here are my the current config questions:

1.  Bandwidth management page:  For the microcell device plugged into port 1, do i set the default CoS to 4 or 1?

2.  Bandwidth management page:  Should the bandwidth management type be set to priority?  I assume yes since I need to define the UDP/TCP ports for priority.  The major issues here are

a) one of the ports the Microcell uses is secure https (TCP 443) which is could also be used by any other internet device. 

b) can't specify priority for the PAP2, since it's behind the unmanaged 24 port switch

3.  QoS setup page:  Do I need just 2 queues (one for the port ID for the Microcell and one for the IP address of the Linksys adapter)?

4.  QoS setup page:  I assume I need to define DSCP for the unmanaged switch but not sure how to tie a queue to an IP address

4.  QoS setup page:  Shoud priority 0 be set for the most important queue (microcell) and the priority 1 CoS be for the VOIP adapter?  Again, not sure about how to define priority by IP address.

5.  DSCP setup page:  As far as I can find, there's no documentation on how to setup this page.   

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: