cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

i have the WAP4410N connected with POE switch. it keeps disconnected each 5 to 10 minutes.help me?

carinesaab
Level 1
Level 1

i have the wap4410n and i connect it with srw224g4p to provid it with power, it keeps diconnecting each 10 minutes, i tryed to reset it and upgrade the firmware with no good. please help me.

4 Replies 4

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

Hey Carine, what keeps disconnecting, the wap from the switch via poe or wireless clients from the access point?  As much information as possible will assist in trying to figure out what is going wrong.

ThankYou

Min Thein Oo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The following link is my suggestion. You can try it at your environment.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3256705#3256705

Hi all,

even i am facing the same proble with WAP4410n. i have 6 devices with the same SSID, sometime laptop's wireless automatic disconnecting even not reconnecting it manualy /automatic than i have to restart AP than it connect again. on all devices fireware have been updated but problem still same. with cisco support we have change the configuration many ways but problem not resolve. all devices are connected to the POE linksys switch. sometime my wireless device goen outoff n/w not able to pping and access, that time i can see that all LED on the device blinking file but so way to access it than  i have to replug it or restart it manualy than it work file.

i am facing this proble from last two months, i have tried many way to configur it and change channel settings as well.

WHY THIS IS HAPPENING WHERE IS THE PROBLEM IN POE OR IN WIRELESS DEVICE, EVERY TIMEI HAVE TO REPLUG OR RESTAR DEVICES THIS IS NOT HAPPENING WITH ONLY ONE DEVICE HAPPEING WITH ALL DEVICES WAP4410N

ANY ONE HAVE IDEA FOR THE SAME

THANKS

Mahesh Patidar

check bandwidth setting on wireless AP, POE Switch and laptop.  Make sure they are all configured the same (i.e. 10mbps, 100mbps, or 1000mbps)

Sometimes if you have different bandwidth settings it can cause collisions and congestion on your switch port.  This can cause flapping on your network (fragmented packets due to up/down condition from port negotiating packet flow from the different bandwidth settings).  Layer 2 troubleshooting.  Just an initial check.  Hope this helps.   Roy B.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: