Views
Helpful
Replies

I need an Access Point with a guest network

HansWurst82
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I hope to get an answer in this forum. I am waiting for a callback of the telephone support over 1,5 weeks.

I have a restaurant and need an Acceess Point with a wide reach and perhaps a switch for 2 things: Guest network for internet and the mobile devices of the cash register. 

I am looking for the Aironet 2600, but I think a guest network is not supported. Somebody an other idea?

Thanks

Markus

5 Replies 5

mohabdel
Level 1
Level 1

HI Markus,

Cisco AP Aironet 2600 is Cisco enterprise unit. Cisco small business support WAP4410N, WAP121, WAP321, WAP551, and WAP561 AP. However I will answer your questions.

1st personally I like Aironet 2600 and 3500. about guest SSID support do you have layer 2 or layer 3 switch?  Get back with me and let me know your router type and switch layer and I will give you advice how to config guest vlan even if AP not support it!

Thanks,

Moh

Hi Moh,

actually I have an AVM Router 7170 with an integrated Layer 2 switch. 

Thanks,

Markus

Hi Markus,

I did search on your device.  it is not support vlans. so you can config unit with one single default vlan.  all you need to do connect AP to your router/modem ethernet port. try fine AP IP address in router DHCP table.  type this IP in your internet browser.  AP default user name is cisco password is Cisco.  Enable Redio 1st.  config SSID, config Encryption and you ready to go. Also here is correct Cisco support forums for you AP

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/4931/wireless-mobility

Thanks,

Moh

But I can take a switch in the middle? Which AP and switch can you advise?

Yes if you buy L3 switch config vlan for data and vlan for guest.  do static route to your modem.  from modem config static router for two vlans ip interface to switch and it will work.