Views
Helpful
Replies

IPAD Wireless connection Problem

Davy Ad
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have problem with IPad  accessing website , all other appliances like IPhones, laptops and others works .

The IPad is connected to Cisco Access Point  from Guest Network, but it can not access any Internet ( Website),

Dak

5 Replies 5

V K Moorthy
Level 1
Level 1

kindly check your firewall settings of your

Thanks

Is anything else able to access the internet on the guest network?

If other devices are able to connect using the guest network and the ipad is not able to, I would check the dns settings on the Ipad, chances are it is connected just not resolving dns.  You can manually put a dns on the ipad and see if your able to connect then.  If no-one else is able to connect to the guest network, you can verify that the guest network has all the settings to have it work such as vlans/ no access rules etc. 

Hi Davicarr,

Yes every one can access Internet on Guest network.

Please is there any way/link you could show me on  how to change DNS setting on IPAD?

Dak

You can try this: Hope this helps.

* Go to Settings > Wi-Fi
* Then tap on the blue (>) symbol after the name of the wi-fi  network you want to connect to.
* Tap the button Static.
* Give your iPod Touch it's own IP Address, Subnet Mask, Router and  DNS.

Hi Davicarr,

I mentioned earlier on ,that i was able to access Website and Internet with same IPAD at another site with Guest network configured the same like the  one configured on Access Point (x).

I tried the IPad  where there is no tunnel connection to Access Point and it works fine ( connected to Internet). But  there is Tunnel connection to Access Point (x) and i am thinking of setting the MTU the same like what i have in Tunnel connection (1400), but i cannot locate where to change setting in IPAD.

Any help please?

Dak