cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lightweight access point configuration

Benjamin Waldon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am in the process of configuring my first lightweight AP521. Does the ap itself have an IP address? I figured it would, but I am having a hard time finding / configuring it. CCA has very little configuration options for it.

I am thinking, that's kind of the point; that it's lightweight and I should have to mess with that stuff?

And if that's the case, how do I configure SNMP? Do I only configure it on the WLC?

Thanks,

Ben

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Douglas Smith
Level 1
Level 1

Ben,

Please follow the document https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9327

This has a step by step configuration example of the AP521. One note I have seen a few AP521 with username/password = Cisco where the C is capitol.

To answer you question The AP does have an IP and using CCA1.9 it is easy to see the address in the topology view. As for the configuration follow the link it has a few pages on how to configure the 521.

Let me know if you need more information,

Douglas Smith

douglsmi@cisco.com

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Douglas Smith
Level 1
Level 1

Ben,

Please follow the document https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9327

This has a step by step configuration example of the AP521. One note I have seen a few AP521 with username/password = Cisco where the C is capitol.

To answer you question The AP does have an IP and using CCA1.9 it is easy to see the address in the topology view. As for the configuration follow the link it has a few pages on how to configure the 521.

Let me know if you need more information,

Douglas Smith

douglsmi@cisco.com

Benjamin Waldon
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks alot

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: