Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys E4200 Guest Account

We have a wireless router on our network 192.168.23.xxx and if the main router SSID is enabled we can connect to the internet, but am also connected to the network. I want to allow guests to use the wireless but not be able to see our network, I disabled the SSID broadcast and setup the Guest account and enabled the guest SSID broadcast. The note in the configuration says that guest will have to open a web browser and enter the password to use the internet. When connecting to the guest account nothing happens. I never see a login screen, nothing. I typed 192.168.1.1 into the address bar and it did oopen a login page for the guest account but does not connect to the internet. The network viewer says it is connected but the webpage says limited or no connectivity. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

Hi James,

Thank you for your question.  However this community is for Cisco Small Business Products and the E4200 is considered a Cisco Home Product.

Here is the area that may help you further with your question. http://homesupport.cisco.com/en-us/support/routers/E4200

Regards,

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business Community Manager

for Cisco Small Business Products

www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

twitter: CiscoSBsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!