Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

My query is about the WAP200E SMB

We  are working on a lead where the end customer requires coverage in a  radius of 50m in a few deposits with open shelves since their business  is very specific. It is a pharmaceutical laboratory. and  I consulted how we can document that this equipment properly installed  (to staff a safe distance) does not affect personal health. The  pharmaceutical meets strict standards for that reason require  documentation to ensure that this equipment can be installed without  representing a risk to staff.

Where can find the required documentation?

Thanks everybody,

Daniel.

• Small Business Wireless
Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY

Re: My query is about the WAP200E SMB

Hi Daniel,

Not excatly sure what you mean by "radius of 50m in a few deposits with open shelves since their business  is very specific" ?

But my concern with this posting is  you mention the term radius.  I hope you understand that the two antennas built  inside the front of this hardened AP  lobe the wireless signal forward, according to figure 1 and 2 below. The diagram below shows the wireless radiation patterm.

I will include two diagrams taken from Chapter three of the attached manual to illustrate my point.  This attached manual also includes installation instructions i believe you requested.

If you purposely need a hardened directional wireless beam AP, the WAP200E is a reliable unit.  But if a omnidirectional wireless signal is really what you need , why not try  the  lower cost WAP200 or even better a AP541.

regards Dave

Figure 1

figure 2

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.