cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Browse issue on WAP371

magic7701
Level 1
Level 1

I have  behaviour on my access point that I cannot phantom and explain.

Seems any wireless device connected to my WAP371 cannot ping /connect to another wireless device connected to the same AP.

For example my laptop cannot connect to my network printer which is also connected via wifi to same WAP371 point.

However same laptop can pint and connected no problem to my NAS server and vice versa my NAS or servers can ping and connect to the wifi laptop and to the wifi printer as they hare on fixed cabling.

No other AP points are on the network and just a vigor router running basic DHCP with no other settings / services.

Would be grateful for some assistance as right now unable to print from laptops

thank you 

3 Replies 3

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue.

The first thing that comes to my mind is channel isolation, is that enabled or disabled? Are you using both radios? Is the printer trying to connect to the 5 Ghz or the 2.4 Ghz? What are the printers capabilities?

If you like, you can post your config file here or you can send your file for the WAP371 to me, by mousing over my picture. Doing so, should allow you to see my email.

If this does not improve your issue, please call our support center and open a case so that one of our engineers can work directly with you. If you do call and open a case, please let me know what that is and I can look in on it and assist if needed.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Eric Moyers | Cisco Technical Support |
Wireless and Surveillance Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Hello Eric!

I have  a similar issue with my wireless network and my printer.

Let me explain, My printer is a HP 2545 with wireless capabilties, when I setup the wireless settings I can't establish connection with my AP.

But trying on an other wireless network (diferent AP) It works! 

Do you have any idea what happen?

My  AP is WAP371 with firmware 1.2.0.2 

Some Logs

Sep 28 2015 12:57:25errhostapd[1342]trying to deauthenticate to station 8c:dc:d4:de:a1:d8, but not authenticated 
Sep 28 2015 12:57:19errhostapd[1342]trying to deauthenticate to station 8c:dc:d4:de:a1:d8, but not authenticated 
Sep 28 2015 12:57:12errhostapd[1342]trying to deauthenticate to station 8c:dc:d4:de:a1:d8, but not authenticated 
Sep 28 2015 12:57:06errhostapd[1342]trying to deauthenticate to station 8c:dc:d4:de:a1:d8, but not authenticated 
Sep 28 2015 12:56:59errhostapd[1342]trying to deauthenticate to station 8c:dc:d4:de:a1:d8, but not authenticated 
Sep 28 2015 12:56:53debughostapd[1342]station: 8c:dc:d4:de:a1:d8 deauthenticated 
Sep 28 2015 12:56:53infohostapd[1342]Assoc request from 8c:dc:d4:de:a1:d8 BSSID bc:16:f5:da:57:d8 SSID Corporativo

Thanks in advance.

Josue

In the new firmware 1.2.0.2, there is an option MFP under the SSID if the unit is using "N" speed.  We have found disabling this feature has resolved quite a few disconnect issues.  The way to set this to "Not Required" is to:

This option is located where you configure the SSIDs (so Wireless->Networks then there's a link under each SSID to "Show Details"), but it ONLY appears if you disable WPA-TKIP.

If it is set to "Capable" (the default) then the WAP will expect clients that advertise they support it to have to use it. If set to “Required” then only wireless clients that can use PMF will be allowed on this SSID. If set to “Not Required” – self-explanatory.  I would set this setting to “Not Required”  If they need TKIP enabled, just disable it first, make the change for MFP, and then set TKIP back to enabled. Monitor this and let me know the results.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: