Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

OID values to query for number of stations associated? (WAP200/4410N)

I'm looking at a stack of WAP200 and WAP4410N APs.  I'd like to use Cacti to track number of associations on each AP.

What's the OID I should be querying?

Are there multiple OIDs that would correspond to the multiple SSIDs?  I'm running 2 SSIDs on all of them, and it would be extra nice to be able to track number of stations on each SSID, though the total number would also be acceptable as well.

And why isn't there a MIB published for these?

Everyone's tags (6)
4 REPLIES

OID values to query for number of stations associated? (WAP200/4

Chirp chirp..  Hello crickets...

Silver

Hi,

If I recall correctly Cacti is SNMP management software. The WAP4410N & WAP200 does not have SNMP features so you want be able to use these devices with that software.

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Hi,

WAP4410N does support SNMP! I am using Cacti to  display both ethernet bandwidth usage and cpu load. I would also like to display the number of connected clients. The only missing piece of information is the OID. It seems to be very hard to find.

Looking forward to find it out,

Pekka

WAP200/4410 both supports SNMP but i was able to count number of clients only with snmpwalk for WAP4410

snmpwalk -v 2c -c "community" "IP of AP" .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.6.1.32.4410.1.3.3.3.1.1.1.1 | grep -c "."

for WAP200 i've used counting from html page

wget -q -O- http://"login":"pass"@"ip of AP"/WirelessMacTable1.htm | grep -c 'name="c'

Views
Helpful
Replies