cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OID values to query for number of stations associated? (WAP200/4410N)

jcostomiris
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking at a stack of WAP200 and WAP4410N APs.  I'd like to use Cacti to track number of associations on each AP.

What's the OID I should be querying?

Are there multiple OIDs that would correspond to the multiple SSIDs?  I'm running 2 SSIDs on all of them, and it would be extra nice to be able to track number of stations on each SSID, though the total number would also be acceptable as well.

And why isn't there a MIB published for these?

4 Replies 4

jcostomiris
Level 1
Level 1

Chirp chirp..  Hello crickets...

Hi,

If I recall correctly Cacti is SNMP management software. The WAP4410N & WAP200 does not have SNMP features so you want be able to use these devices with that software.

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Hi,

WAP4410N does support SNMP! I am using Cacti to  display both ethernet bandwidth usage and cpu load. I would also like to display the number of connected clients. The only missing piece of information is the OID. It seems to be very hard to find.

Looking forward to find it out,

Pekka

igorosha88
Level 1
Level 1

WAP200/4410 both supports SNMP but i was able to count number of clients only with snmpwalk for WAP4410

snmpwalk -v 2c -c "community" "IP of AP" .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.6.1.32.4410.1.3.3.3.1.1.1.1 | grep -c "."

for WAP200 i've used counting from html page

wget -q -O- http://"login":"pass"@"ip of AP"/WirelessMacTable1.htm | grep -c 'name="c'

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: