Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Problem with downgrading LAP to Autonomuos IOS

Hi to all,

I have 6 APs 1131AG ( in LAP mode ) and Cisco Controller 2106. I configure it and all works fine... Now I need to downgrade 3 of AP to Autonomous mode and try it using:

config ap tftp-downgrade tftp-server-ip-address filename access-point-name

but nothing happens ... there is no errors and there is no access for file on my tftp server ...

I try to ping APs and find out that I can't do it ( even from controller itself ).

Strange thing is that after restart AP takes IP from external DHCP , takes right config from controller and when I associate client I can ping controller and have internet from this client !

But still can't access APs from anywhere ! I set in config mode ap telnet enable and ssh enable and nothing ..

Controller's communications with APs look fine ( in config mode I can restart AP from controller ) but I still can't access AP and can't downgrade it from aIOS image from my tftp server ...

Is there some other option that I need to enable / disable ? and if no , is there other way to downgrade it without controller ?

Best Regards,

Georgi

1 REPLY

Re: Problem with downgrading LAP to Autonomuos IOS

Hi Georgi,

You have most likely rung Cisco TAC by now to get an answer to the question or used NETPRO.

I would have pointed you to the cisco wireless Q&A section which provides an answer to you question.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_qanda_item09186a00806a4da3.shtml

the Q&A then directs you to the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/conversion/lwapp/upgrade/guide/lwapnote.html#wp161272

regards Dave

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content