Views
Helpful
Replies

Segregate internal client wireless from a guest wireless using WAP321

Upshot001
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am setting up a new network that will include at least 3 but as many as 6 WAP321 Wireless Access Points.

I used the wizard to set them up and all seemed well. I then went in to see how effective they were and discovered that the only difference between the internal network for the company and the guest network was the login and password. I could open and browser, type in an ip on the quest network and it went right to whatever it was pointed at on the network, (switch, firewall, server, whatever). This alarmed me because I could see someone using an ip scanner, picking up these ips and then causing major havoc. I had assumed there would be some kind of auto segregation when the wizard asked if I wanted setup my quest network. So I then went in and assigned different VLAN IDs on the access point and then set the VLANs on the switch and configured the (sorry guys not my choice) Sonicwall appliance to segregate. Does not work.

Is there a way via ACL or something on the WAP321 or do I need to configure something elsewhere to keep them segregated. I am not good (yet) with ACLs and have tried to figure that out but to no avail.

Thanks for your help  in advance.

1 Reply 1

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. 

The quickest way to resolve this would be to call into our support center and let one of our engineers work with you.

What type of router and switch do you have? What vlans are you configuring? What is doing DHCP for your vlans? 

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Eric Moyers | Cisco Technical Support |
Wireless and Surveillance Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: