Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting channels with single point setup

mathiasdegroof
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have 3 WAP371 access points set up with singe point setup. I would like to assign the channels manually. Is this even possible? When I change the channel in the radio setup, the channel for all the access points changes.

There is a channel configuration page under the single point setup, but I find this very confusing to say the least. There is a "start/stop" button, which seems to start or stop a scanning process. The channels are then automatically assigned based on what the systeem deems is best, but I don't see a way to set the channels manually?

3 Replies 3

Go to Channel Management and either click 'stop' or check the box 'Locked' to prevent the channel from changing.

Viewing Channel Assignments and Setting Locks
When channel management is enabled, the page shows the Current Channel Assignations table

and the Proposed Channel Assignments table

Please find the below link which will be helpful for you .

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/839621/Cisco-Wap371.html?page=156#manual

Thanks

Sam

Thank you Sam. I saw that in the manual, but that's the automatic assignment. You can lock the channels, but I want to be able to assign channels manually. Say I want to set access point 1 to channel 6. If I use the automatic mode I will have to wait until this channel automatically gets assigned to access point 1, if this ever happens at all...

billabesant1
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco WAP121 and WAP321 devices support Single Point Setup. This simple means that they allow you to administer and control wireless services across multiple devices - no more messing about, wasting time, configuring access points individually. You use Single Point Setup to create a single group, or cluster, of wireless devices. After the WAP devices are clustered, you can view, Java deploy, configure, and secure the wireless network as a single entity. After a wireless cluster is created, Single Point Setup also facilitates channel planning across your wireless services to reduce radio interference and maximize bandwidth on the wireless network.