Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SF302-08P Switch + 8 WAP200: massive disconnection

Hi,

For a customer of mine I've installed 8 WAP 200 access points with an SF302 switch. The Access point are powered with POE. All seems to function properly: the clients are simple Android device and the connection appears solid.. We've a good roaming between access points (not seamless of course but is ok) and no particalur problems, also because the network is used to drive very LOW data (no internet): the clients opens a tcp connection to the server and sends only a keep alive packets over this connection.. Then sometime the server send a very small amount of data (some byte) to activate the display of the device and show a question.. the clients reply with some other byte of data and so on.. During an event of 3/4 hour we can do this 12/14 times, so the network load is nearly 0....

Last night the system suddenly stopped working: ALL clients (300) lost connection from their access points at the same time! How this can happens? The only reason that I can imagine is a power loss on the switch... Someone have other ideas? We want to prevent this to happens other times

Thank you

1 Reply 1

cisTech12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Because the AP WAP200 are powered with POE, all clients may losts connection at the same time only for an electrical failure on the SF302 switch. Check your hardware and ensure that the power supply is working properly. Check also the connection cable to the power line and to the switch

Regards