Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

SMB Pro AP541 - guest access solution

Hi,

we plan to implement the SMB Pro AP541 for a guest access solution. But i have serveral open questions, where are no answers in the Data Sheet/Admin Guide.

• is there a lobby ambassador  like on the big wireless lan controller?
  • is it possible to sign a guest a time frame - e.g. guest user has only 60 min access to the internet
  • is it possible to enter a lifetime for the guest user - e.g. guest user can only login until 10.10.2010
Everyone's tags (5)
3 REPLIES

Re: SMB Pro AP541 - guest access solution

Hi Stefan

you asked

• is there a lobby ambassador  like on the big wireless lan controller?
  • is it possible to sign a guest a time frame - e.g. guest user has only 60 min access to the internet
  • is it possible to enter a lifetime for the guest user - e.g. guest user can only login until 10.10.2010

For lobby ambassador functionality, you need something as you suggest,  maybe  like a WLC2106 WLC44XX  and  LAP11XX Access Points.

You cannot limit access time to a guest network or a lifetime for guest users via the AP541.

As you can see from the screen capture below, you can VLAN the guest network, user initially will see a  splash screen via a HTTP redirect. But after the splash screen  guests then have access out to the nornal switch and router infrastructure.

I will ask the Wireless product manager, what you could use to  in conjunction with AP541 for limiting access to a guest network.

regards Dave

Thanks for your quick response.

Is the splash screen hosted on AP541 or on an external web server? But is there an User Access Control for the guest users with a html web form, isn´t it?

I also need the opportunity to log the authentification with user and IP. And i will log the NAT translations on the ASA. This prerequisite in case of a lawsuit

regards Stefan

I have many similar questions and was wondering if you ever found answers?

I was asked if the AP541N had any method to set a schedule of when users can access the Internet, but from what I can tell the answer is no.

I was also asked if there was any way to report on how many users accessed the Internet via the AP541N in a given period (day, week, month), but from what I can tell the answer is no.

I was also asked about setting up a guest splash screen and although I see the redirect option, it appears that this would need to reside on a separate web server.

If the AP541N cannot do much more than provide basic wireless access, then what's a good option for some of the items mentioned above?  Meraki?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content