Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Trying to login to a Wireless Access point

I am trying to find a way to login to our wirless access point. I have a Aironet 1130AG series wireless router. I have the ip address. It is a POE device so i dont have a power supply for this device. When it is on I can see the Wireless Network but the passcode has been lost and no one knows it. Is there a default IP address for this equipment?

There is an Ethernet port for a console but without the power supply i cannot access it.

If there is anyone out there that knows what can be done please let me know.

No, i dont have the users guide i have the box but not the guide.

Community Member

Re: Trying to login to a Wireless Access point

Hi Scott,

I think your answer is going to be found here:

Unfortunately you posted in the Small Business section and we don't cover any of the Aeronet devices here.

David L. Barrett, Jr.
Cisco Employee

Hi Scott -- Dave is correct that your question will be better addressed in the other forum. But for what it's worth, you'll find the 1130AG Series technical Documentation here:

Thanks for visiting the Community,

Stephanie Reaves

Cisco Small Business

Cisco Employee

If you have a PoE switch you can simply plug it and it will hav power.

Then regarding the IP address it depends on the IOS code inside.

1 - If it is LWAPP it will get ip address if it is not able to get any IP from a DHCP server, so if you connect a PC on another port of the switch and you place the 2 switch ports on the same VLAN you can access the AP GUI from the PC.

2 - If it is Autonomous AP, then it acts as normal IOS device and it has no default ip address.

In any case the default credentials are user name Cisco and password Cisco. The username and password are case sensitive.

You can find the quick start guide here:

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

CreatePlease to create content