Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Use WAP4410N as combined AP and WDS Bridge

Can I use a couple of WAP4410N's as follows.

One unit configured as an AP, so that wireless devices can connect to it and a second configured as a WDS Bridge where I can hang a switch and a couple of wired devices in a room where ther is no hard wiring avaiable, but has direct line of sight to the AP.  These devices don't have wireless capabilities.

If not, what other options might be available for this scenario.

Cheers.

1 REPLY

After playing around with

After playing around with this, I think I have it working.  At least in a lab environment because (see my other post) it looks like only WEP security works.

In setting this up, it appears that in the AP mode, for Access Point, you have to set the check box to allow the signal to be repeated  (BTW, the manual has this 100% switched around, as it describes the check box as allowing *this* AP to act as a repeater).

However, once this checkbox is selected it looks like the AP can only be configured for a single SSID as in the Wireless Basic Settings screen, the remaining SSID fields are greyed out.  Is this in fact the case, or do I have something else configured wrongly, as yet again, there are no restrictions mentioned in the manual.

Cheers.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content