Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP 200 DHCP

bcullen
Level 1
Level 1

I have an intermitant issue getting a DHCP

address when using a Cisco Wap 200. Sometimes i can get an address but most of the time my devices fail.

This happens with / without WPA or WEP

7 Replies 7

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

Are you using the latest version of firmware on the wap200?  If not, upgrade that and see if that helps.  Is there any wireless noise in your network (other ap's in range, 2.4 ghz phones,) that could be messing with your wireless connectivity.  Wireless connections work on half duplex and can only listen to one thing at a time.  If your getting interference on that channel, it could be that your connected but there is too much noise on the channel.  You can perform a wireless scan to see what channels are being used and manually select a channel that is not being compromised.

I am on the latest software version. The are other AP's in range on 2.412Ghz and 2.462Ghz. I am on 2.437Ghz. I have tried other channels but still the same issue

Where is your wap200 located, in the ceiling near fluorescent bulbs or near microwaves of some sort?  The device being intermittent sounds like interference from my experience.

I have moved it around the building with no change. At the moment i have 3 wireless devices next to each other. 1 is getting an ip address and the other two are not.

What kind of wireless cards are you using?  Are the drivers updated on them?  IF not update one of the drivers and test with that and see what results you get.

Fixed the issue, it wasn't an issue the the routers but rather the switch. the port was set the desktop where it should have been access point. Thanks for your help

Glad we could help.  Thanks for using cisco.