Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WAP-321, Captive Portal and Wi-FI repeaters

Hi,

So I am currently deploying a Wi-Fi Network based around Cisco WAP-321. I use the CP function with a Radius server to authentify my users. So far so good, when a user connect to one of the AP and uses his credentials, he can login and access Internet without any trouble. But I also use some Wi-Fi repeaters (Netgear WN-1000RP) to extend the range of my wireless network in places I can't install an AP. The repeaters effectively extends the range of my network, and I can connect on them without any trouble when the CP is turned off. However, when I turn on the CP, I access the login web page and enter my credentials, but no matter what, I can't login while connected on the repeater. After some research, it looks like I have to manually enter the MAC address in the MAC trough list of the AP. Except such a feature doesn't seem to exist on the WAP-321. I have tried using WDS bridge and Workgroup bridge, but without success, since I think it's only compatible with WAP-321 and WAP-121 devices.

So I am kind of running out of ideas to make this work, and I would be very grateful if someone could help me out.

Thanks in advance, do not hesitate to ask me for more informations if needed.

Views
Helpful
Replies