Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WAP 321 obviously not booting after PoE power loss

Hi guys, 

got troubles with my WAP 321 which was PoE powered by a ESW-540-8P

My UPS died and so both PoE switch and WAP lost power. Restoring power the switch came up again smoothly but the WAP was just slowly blinking the amber power led. 

Steps I already tried without positive results: 

- plugging off again from ethernet cable and replugging 

- pressing on/off button several times 

- using another PoE switch known to be good 

. pressing the reset button (even longer than 10 seconds) 

What I could see was that after giving power to the WAP the amber power led lights solid for about half a second, then the yellow network led flashes just one time and then the amber power starts slowly blinking forever.

For me it looks like the WAP is unable to boot for whatever reason. 

Any other recommendations?

Regards!

Claus  

4 REPLIES

Hi xact1,Have you been able

Hi xact1,

Have you been able to solve this issue?

I am having exactly the same issue with WAP321 connected to a PoE switch. It was working before, but when I unplugged the Ethernet cable and plugged it back again, it stopped working. When I connect the Ethernet cable, the amber power LED is solid briefly, then the network LED flashes once, and after that the amber power light keeps blinking forever.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Probably not the solution you

Probably not the solution you're hoping for - I requested and got a hardware replacement via WebChat support.

Not that responsive and only after some additional testing (usage of proper power supply instead of PoE etc.) but finally I was allowed to send back the defective device and received a replacement one. 

So good luck & regards! 

Claus 

Thank you! I bought mine on

Thank you!

I bought mine on Amazon. Sounds like I need to get a new unit.

Regards,

I would check with Ciscos web

I would check with Ciscos web chat support first. 

AFAIK there is a one year hardware warranty on these units, I didn't need to copy a bill for prove - they just took my word. 

Regards!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content