Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP 371 Single Point Setup

Hi.

I'm having som troubble setting up two WAP371 in a Single Point Setup Cluster.

I have enabled SPS on the 1st WAP and then I run the setup wizzard on the second one and choose "join existing cluster" and type in clustername. It then says everyting is successfull and i click finish. The problem is, that the second WAP never shows up in the "access points" menu on the first WAP. It seems like they don't see each other.

Model access-point : WAP371-E-K9 V03

Firmware : 1.3.0.6

Switch : Cisco SG200-26P

Someone can help me ?

10 Replies 10

wycalero
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good Morning,

Please process a Downgrade on the firmware version to 1.3.0.6 there is currently a problem with the last version that doesn’t allow devices to cluster, make sure you have same firmware version on both router, after the upgrade process a factory reset on both units and reconfigure using Setup Wizard.

Regards.

Hello,

With witch version ? 1.3.0.4 ? 1.3.0.2 ou 1.2.x.x ?

Thanks

Good Morning,

Here is the link to the Firmware version 1.3.0.4

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286154471/type/282463166/release/1.3.0.4?i=!pp

Hello,

After downgrade, one AP change PID to WAP371-A-K9 V01.
Is it normal ?

Regards

And it change serial number to : 53012....

Someone can help me ? It's not solved.

what do you expect? It's Cisco, not TP-Link!

@wycalero wrote:

Good Morning,

Please process a Downgrade on the firmware version to 1.3.0.6 there is currently a problem with the last version that doesn’t allow devices to cluster, make sure you have same firmware version on both router, after the upgrade process a factory reset on both units and reconfigure using Setup Wizard.

Regards.

Maybe I am lucky as I am running 2 WAP371 units in cluster mode with 1.3.0.6.  I don't see any errors.  What errors should I be looking for?  I have a third one but I don't have the cable run yet.  But I want to say I tested it in the cluster but I can't remember for sure.  I can test it again if it would help.   

I had a problem with my units before I bought a SG300-10MPP switch to power the WAP371 units.  After powering the WAP371 units with the SG300-10MPP I have not seen a problem.  I had the old 1A injectors which caused resets with iPhones

same issue here

you know this is bull**bleep**!?

When it switches from E to A after firmware upgrade, you cannot do anything but open an RMA.

Makes me angry, this proof of incompetence from the devs. Just check a firmware PRIOR releasing it would be helpful, not?

And check hardware production, some say it's a hardware fail.