Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WAP 371 WPA Enterprise authentication problem

I have a WAP 371 and deployed a VAP as WPA Enterprise Security option. I deployed a Windows Server 2008 R2 NPS as the RADIUS server with Active Directory Server authentication. I configure Windows Server NPS server follow this guide from cisco: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/5500-series-wireless-controllers/115988-nps-wlc-config-000.html

I configured WAP371 with WPA Enterprise security method with WPA2-AES version, and configure Broadcast Key Refresh Rate and Session Key Refreshed rate with the default value. Wireless client can access the WAP 371 initially, but the data transmission becomes unstable. When I enable Session Key refresh, and set the rate as 30 second, the data transmission will be interrupted every 30 second, the log displays:

Station xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx had an authentication failure, reason 22

I can set the Session Key Refresh Rate as 0 to disable it, then such fail log disappeared, and the data transmission becomes more stable, but interruption may still happen in random time rate. And when each interruption happen, I can obtain such log indication:

Sep 4 2014 15:05:56infohostapd[1250]STA 88:63:df:93:b8:fd deauthenticated for reason 16: Group key handshake timeout 
Sep 4 2014 15:05:56infohostapd[1250]Station 88:63:df:93:b8:fd had an authentication failure, reason 17

So, experts please help me to resolve this problem, many thanks!

• Small Business Wireless
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.