Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAP121 - MAC Filter doesn't work

Hi

Today I deployed a WAP121 and wanted to set-up the MAC-Filter. So I went into the configuration (Wireless > MAC Filtering), selected

"Allow only stations in list" and added the MAC adresses of the two devices I want to allow to the network. Then I saved the settings.

Just to test if it works I tried o connect to the network with another device. What happened? It could connect without any problems and access the network and the internet via the WAP121.

So I tought that maybe I have to reboot the WAP121 in order to have the settings take any effect. It didn't help. After the reboot, the MAC Filtering settings were still there but they still had no effect. The device that wasn't in the list still could connect to the network without any problems.

I'm using the latest Firmware, by the way.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

3 REPLIES

Hi Dan Stalder,

Verify whether the MAC filter is chosen as Local on the page Wireless> Networks. If it is not chosen as local the MAC address that you configured on the page Wireless>MAC Filetering will not be used to allow/block MAC addresses.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Phanikrishna

Hi,

Can you please take screen shots of your configurations on both pages(Wireless>Networks & Wireless>MAC Filtering) and post here. It will be helpful in fixing your problem.

Thanks,

Phanikrishna

Hi

I currently don't have access to the device because I deployed it in the office of a customer of mine. I'll provide the information when i'm at the location the next time.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content