Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP121 scheduler not working

jonathan.schott
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community

I have two WAP121 with latest FW and I setup the scheduler according help and documentation to disable our secondary guest network in non-office hours. The problem is that it's still always enabled. I just can't make it work. Below are my settings, do I do something wrong or is this a known issue?

Prerequisites:
SNTP is configured, both WAP have the correct time
Scheduler is administratively enabled

Profile:
Configured one Profile for the guest network with two rules:
1. Weekdays / 9:00 - 20:00
2. Saturdays / 9:00 - 20:00
--> As I understood, that should enable access to the network assigned for Monday to Saturday between 9 and 20:00

Assignment:
Assigned the above profile to the guest network (VAP1)

Problem is that during night and even on Sunday, the guest network is still shown as enabled and also is visible/accessible on the clients.

Can somebody please help me?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

2 Replies 2

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Jonathan,

From the 1.0.0.3 Release Notes:

CSCtw47624 

Symptom: After a factory reset, the scheduler does not work properly until the WAP device is power

cycled.

Workaround: After setting the scheduler for the first time, reboot the device and the scheduler

will function properly.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/wap121/release/notes/Release_Notes_WAP121_321_1_0_4_4.pdf

- Marty

Edit: After reading the full release notes, it appears that this bug should have been resolved. I still recommend a reboot.

jonathan.schott
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the hint. However, the device has been power cycled multiple times afterward and still, the scheduler does not work. Any other idea?

Jonathan

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: