Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WAP121 will not bridge to another WAP121

I am trying to do this thru the "WorkGroup Bridge" function of the AP.

What I am trying to do it provide connectivity for a device that only has a wired ethernet. There are is only one drop in the room but on the other side. I have two WAP121, one configured as an AP, the other configured as a bridge from wireless to wired ethernet.

The WAP121 that I have configured as a bridge works... but the problem is that is will not associate with the WAP121 that is in the same room. Instead the Bridge WAP121 associates with another AP (Cisco 1240AG) even though it's signal strenght is lower.

Any ideas? I hope this is not a limitation of the devices.

Thanks,

Jimmy

1 REPLY

WAP121 will not bridge to another WAP121

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

There are two options here, WDS Bridge and Work Group Bridge.

Since you have two WAP321s, WDS Bridge is the best option. Work Group bridge is normally for dissimilar units.

There are steps in the Admin Guide for setup. Both units need to have the bridge settings setup under wireless WDS Bridge.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks

Eric Moyers    .:|:.:|:.

Cisco Small Business US STAC Advanced Support Engineer

Wireless Subject Matter Expert

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

866-606-1866

Mon - Fri 09:30 - 18:30 (UTC - 05:00)

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Views
Helpful
Replies