Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP200 connectivity issue

theMark12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have a medium sized site with 4 WAP200's on. These are configured to use different channels and all 4 are hard wired into the LAN. They have firmware version 2.0.6.0-ETSI on. 1 SSID is present, all 4 are set-up (I hope!) correctly with WPA2 security. 

We have a problem where laptops are losing connectivity to windows servers for around 15-20 minutes almost randomly. At first we thought it would be old network equipment, and with the servers going end of life we replaced the switches as well. However after this the problem was still occurring. 

The only way we've found to "fix" the issue is to give problem laptops a assigned IP address from DHCP, then set the servers to ping the problem devices in an effort to "keep alive" the connection. This seems to work but obviously isn't a practical solution.

To make things more confusing, unix servers don't seem to lose connectivity and I can access the problematic laptops remotely when they are unable to access the mentioned windows servers.  

Any ideas appreciated, I've read a lot about DHCP requests not being passedcorrectly and possible problems with signal overlap, which does occur, but it still seems strange. 

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. 

Is there anything in the Logs from either the WAP200s or the DHCP server? If nothing is found there, the next thing I would look at is doing a packet capture between the Laptops and the DHCP server 

If this does not improve your issue, please call our support center and open a case so that one of our engineers can work directly with you.
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Cisco Presales Technical Support | Wireless Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: