Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP2000-E V01 Wireless Access point in Repeater mode

juniper001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to set-up a CISCO WAP2000-E as a wireless repeater but for some reason I can't connect to the Access Point in repeater mode, or on the very rare occasion I am able to I don't get any traffic past the repeater. (can't ping the default gateway etc.)

I've selected 'Wireless Repeater' as the Mode, selecting the source from the Site Survey, but I just can't this device to work!

Any help would be appreciated. Here's the set-up...

1. Third party DSL router:

• IP: 192.168.2.1

• SSID: SSID001

• Broadcast SSID: On

• Network Mode:      2.4GHz 802.11b/g

• Channel: 13

• Security: WPA2 PSK

• Encryption: AES

• Rekey interval:      1800

• MAC filtering: Off

2. CISCO WAP2000 (Mode set as repeater)

* Firmware: 2.0.6.0

• IP: 192.168.1.245,      also tried 192.168.2.2

• SSID: SSID001

• Broadcast SSID: On

• Network Mode:      2.4GHz 802.11b/g

• Channel: 13

• Security: WPA2 PSK

• Encryption: AES

• Rekey interval:      1800

• MAC filtering: Off

• Wireless Isolation      (between SSID): Disabled

• Wireless Isolation      (within SSID): Disabled

3 Replies 3

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

There could be several factors preventing this from happening. Some routers will just not allow the signal to be repeated or as with some of our small business routers, you have to enable a check box to allow the signal to be repeated.

Unsure about this with your router. (what is it, make and model?)

Also

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

Hello Eric, I am interested in wap2000, does it supports to work as repeater if I have master AP wap 4410n?

Hi Eric,

A quick question (hopefully with a quick answer) about WAP2000: I am planning to install two WAP2000's and set them up as repeaters. I have done this before and it works fine. The main difference from the setup before is that the two WAP2000's need to be powered via the Etherned (from an PoE-enabled switch). Once, they're powered that way, what would be difference in the addressing settings? The main WAP (unknown vendor) of wich the signal will be repeateed will be connected to the same switch.

Thanks.