Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP200E Wireless-G Exterior Reboots after 15 -> 25 Mins

andy.judd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Has anyone else experienced an issue with a WAP200E access point that causes it to reboot after anything from 15 to 20 mins

I have run it off an injector and a POE switch, updated the f/w to WAP200E-ETSI-FW-2.0.3.0 and it still reboots itself .

I have even been sent a new one from the supplier and it does the same thing  - weird !!!!

Any suggestions would be grafefully recieved

All the best

5 Replies 5

rmanthey
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Andy,

How are you determining the WAP reboots? Is it not responding then starts responding again? Is it showing in the logs? Wireless clients drop?

It dosn't matter PoE injector or PoE switch how about hard wired? If you can't how about the distance of the PoE cable? Can you move the injector closer to the AP?

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

Hi Randy

Thanks for the prompt reply

We

The AP when it reboots drops a ping connection and takes 2-3 mins to respond, but the web management console takes a longer to become responsive and the sys uptime has reset to zero, and yes the wireless clients are dropped but do reconnect after about 5 mins. How can I access the logs as I do not have a syslog server available.

When the AP is installed into the our sports stadium press gantry the injector is about 10m (33ft) from the AP itself, but I have moved it to a 2m ( 6ft) direct connection to the POE switch and it does the same thing !!

Regards

Andy,

Does it reboot if you are using the power pack into a wall outlet?

what is the switch model and injector model you are using?

the only way to get the logs would be to setup a syslog server to capture the logs.

Cisco Small Business Support

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA-Security

Hi Randy

The AP is a WAP200E and doesn't have an external power supply.

The Switch is a Netgear FS726TP and is also driving, two other POE AP's ( A cisco sb WAP 4410N's )

The injector is a generic 48Vdc POE injector been used for 18 months without any trouble....

Thanks for you help on this matter ..

Andy

HI

As a follow up I have today replaced the WAP200E with WAP4410N using the exact same connections and the WAP4410N it stays up permanently...

Do you think this second WAP200e is faulty ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: