cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP321 deauthed from BSSID

servatron
Level 1
Level 1

We are receiving lots of drop outs on our WAP321.  My line manager is asking why I insisted in getting a Cisco unit, and I'm getting it in the neck from all the users, so I'm reaching out  to the community for some help - I hope you can assist.

Nobody is further than 8 metres from the AP which is desk mounted in an open office (there are 10 of us in total). 

I have checked with a wi-fi analyzer and fixed us on channel 9, there are only two other networks in range and they are on 5 and 12 respectively.

The logs say the clients are disconnecting for multiple reasons:

reason 6: Class2 frame received from non-authenticated STA
reason 8: Sending STA is leaving BSS
reason 4: Disassociated due to inactivity
reason 3: STA is leaving IBSS or ESS

And my favorite:

reason 1: Unspecified Reason

I am happy to provide any information settings etc you think may be causing our woes.  Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Please refer

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11966786/wap321-random-disconnecting-clients

Thanks salodh but I have read that along with every other article I could fine in the Cisco forums relating to WAP321 and disconnecting clients.  I have tried the changes, reset and and suggestions in that post but they did not resolve the problem.  Thanks for reaching out though.

sistemas
Level 1
Level 1

También tengo este problema con mi equipo y lo malo es que ya se me termino la garantía, me gustaría saber si alguien sabe de un método para determinar si el problema es de hardware.

I also have this issue, but I have no warranty anymore, could somebody tell me about a technic or software to check the hardware status of this device, in order to figure out if the problem is a but configuration?.. In advance thanks.  CISCO WAP 321

The log of the failure

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: