Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP371: deauthenticated for reason 16 + authentication failure, reason 17

idp_belgium
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an issue with the WAP371 when I'm trying to download big files in the network or to stream media.

After a few gigs of download (at a rate of 40-45Mb/s), the transfer goes to zero Mb/s and then I have to wait for 1-2 minutes before I can start using the internet again... Each time I re-launch the transfer the same issue happens, so I can never complete big file transfers with this AP...

This happens on a laptop with Intel 7260 AC wifi card, on android smartphones (Samsung & LG) with AC wifi cards also, and also on the Lumia 2520 Windows RT tablet (Wifi N).

On the WAP371 logs the following appears:

hostapd[1278] STA xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx associated with BSSID yy:yy:yy:yy:yy:yy

hostapd[1278] Assoc request from xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx BSSID yy:yy:yy:yy:yy:yy SSID AP_NAME

hostapd[1278] STA xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx deauthenticated for reason 16: Group key handshake timeout

hostapd[1278] Station xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx had an authentication failure, reason 17

(I have hidden MAC addresses and SSID)

This happens even when there's only one client connected. After a reboot, I noticed I can download a file for longer (up to 15Gb) but it's still not enough for some of my files.

The WAP371 has the latest firmware (1.0.1.5) connected to a PoE+ switch (Netgear GS728TP).

The AP it replaces (a Netgear WNDAP660) worked flawlessly on the 5 GHz band (though only N, not AC wifi), connected to the same port of the same PoE+ switch...

Should I just return this AP or is there something I could try setting up?

2 Replies 2

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. This does not sound like an issue that can quickly be resolved here on the support forums. I would ask that you contact one of a our Support Centers and let one of our engineers work directly with you on this issue. Once you get a case number, post it back here and I can also check in on it.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Eric Moyers | Cisco Technical Support |
Wireless and Surveillance Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Sorry to come to this after some years - but I see the same problem on WAP371 with latest firmware (1.0.3.4).

Is there a solution?

Best regards

Volker Fritsch