cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N and Nix wireless drivers

eelister
Level 1
Level 1

Our WAP4410N AP Version 2 running on the latest 2.0.2.5 firmware is troublesome as well.

As far as Windows clients running on Intel 1000 wireless cards on Enterprise 7, accessing the WAP is of no issue.

The issues that exist are with Nix wireless drivers.  Both Mac (iPAD for example, iPhone) and Linux clients have the following problem.

* They attempt to negotiate and they recieve an IP from the SonicWall Router (shows in the logs of the SonicWall), but they give up after roughly four DHCPDISCOVER attempts.

However, after re-boot (or power cycle), the Nix (MAC or Linux) devices connect and work fine, but after several hours these devices again start being unable to connect (or better said, stay connected).

I just recently set the Mhz to 40, but somehow I doubt that will work, I pray it does.

Very frustrating.  I am about to test a little AirLink and if it is more stable I will be sorely disappointed with Cisco once again.

God Bless.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: