cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N as WDS Repeater with same SSID as AP

John Frankish
Level 1
Level 1

As the title says - I have a wap4410n acting as AP and a second wap4410n acting as wds repeater.

I've only managed to get the wds repeater to work when it has a different ssid to that of the ap - I'd like the wds repeater to have the same ssid as the ap, should things work in this configuration?

22 Replies 22

Heiko Schaper
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem too. Many configurations tested - no success. I've bought this product (twice) in trust of Cisco - an error i think. i cant imagine how Cisco can advertise a product that can't fullfill the given functions.

This thread is 3 months old - when there is a solution expected? or should i return this product an get one from another company? i'm slightly annoying about this...

regards

Although it is not consistent, I've been up and running for +/- 3 weeks without problems using beta firmware 2.0.3.3_T5 (I think). Prior to the latest re-boot, it ran for 3-5 days.

Typically there are up to four laptops (XP, Win7, linux), an Internet Radio and iPhone connecting to the wap4410n acting as a wds repeater and running wpa2-personal encryption

... please ... where i can find the download of beta firmware 2.0.3.3_T5 ??? ???   .. i'd like to test it on our WAP4410N.

john ... can you send me via mail ?? .. or place in the thread for DL ?? thanks

It's not fine but even better than nothing. Do you know, if Tech team from Cisco is still searching for a solution? Or is this case closed?

btw. I would this FW give a try, is it possible that you can send it per email?

thx in adv.

regards

See attached - this is beta software...

Hello,

Small Business beta firmware can only be distributed by Small Business Support Center upon the completion of a Beta Trial Agreement. This legal requirement is in place to protect our customers and their assets. Please contact the Small Business Support Center (www.cisco.com/go/sbsc) if you would like to participate in the firmware trial.

Regards,
Cindy Toy
Cisco Small Business Community Manager
for Cisco Small Business Products
www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

Message was edited by: Cindy Toy

Heiko Schaper
Level 1
Level 1

thx a lot - i'll check it out.....

are the limitations of your earlier posts (channel, language) gone or must these settings be in this frame?

regards

ceramicheahura
Level 1
Level 1

THANKS !!! ...    im going to test it on one of my three AP .. and I hope that a step forward.

.are the limitations of your earlier posts (channel, language) gone or must these settings be in this frame?

I honestly don't know - I didn't try any other ones..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: