Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WAP4410N Dropping

Dear everybody

I have seen in the forum of cisco that the accesspoint WAP4410N have a lot of problem, dropping connections, lost  DCHP, and the best way to solved this problem is disconnect of the power and then connected.

I would like ask if  any have the best configuration for this access point.

I have two devices and have the same problem that I found in the forum, but this is not a good solution, I need that this devices are stable and not need disconnect for fix the problem.

Thanks a lot of for your feedback

I have the more recent firmware.

6 REPLIES

I also had problems like that

I also had problems like that (on two identical devices) running earlier versions of the firmware. However the v2.0.6.1 update solved everything (the entry in the changelog for that version explained what the issue was).

Even though you are running the latest version, I suggest "upgrading" to v2.0.7.4 again. Once that's complete, perform a factory reset and finally reconfigure from scratch... it's a long shot, but I have had success with this approach in the past myself when a firmware update didn't solve the problem(s) it was supposed to address.

If that doesn't solve it, let me know and I'll detail my config for you to copy.

Gentlemen, My name Eric

Gentlemen, 

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I know that this has been an issue with this product. 

If I may could I get each of you to mail me a copy of your logs, during a time when the device is not allowing wireless clients to connect. There is something I would like to check out.

If you mouse over my picture you should be able to get my email.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Eric Moyers | Cisco Technical Support |
Wireless and Surveillance Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Dear AndrewMany thanks for

Dear Andrew

Many thanks for your comment, let me comment you that already had done this point more than one time, in fact, I have put previous version of the firmware to test and the problem still.

Today both devices has the last firmware, and this are connected with a RV082, unfortunately  made more than one recommendation that I find in the forums but any worked.

If you can share with me the configuration that you have for try, for my it would be helpful

Hi. I've attached my config -

Hi. I've attached my config - if you remove the txt extension you should be able to load it into your device. Not sure how useful it'll be for you though.

My name Eric Moyers. I am an

My name Eric Moyers. I am an Engineer in the Small Business Support Center.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. 

Would you mind sharing your syslogs with this post or if you prefer, send them to me by mousing over my picture. When you do, you should be able to see my email. After looking at your logs, I should be able to offer some advice on how to resolve this issue for you.

Eric Moyers
.:|:.:|:. CISCO | Eric Moyers | Cisco Technical Support |
Wireless and Surveillance Subject Matter Expert

Please rate helpful Posts and Let others know when your Question has been answered.

Hi Eric,Just to clarify, I

Hi Eric,

Just to clarify, I have had no issues with the WAP4410N since the v2.0.6.1 firmware update. I contributed to this thread in an effort to help "edgarmenmor" who seems to have the same/similar issues that I had pre v2.0.6.1.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content