Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410n Odd Behaviour, Help!

bradleywsmith
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings:

We have been fighting for a few weeks with two identical 4410N with POI (both purchased from NewEgg in December) with the following PID VID and Software version.

PID VID: WAP4410N-A V02
Software Version: 2.0.4.2

Each is set to channel 8 (totally vacant channel, as is 7 and 9).

Routers are in bridge mode. Each has a unique SSID and there is no encryption over the bridged link (yet). We have wireless isolation and load balancing disabled.  The Units are set to N band with a 40MHz channel bandwidth. Our run is about 25 feet with only two wood walls in between the two units. The field strength is in the mid 60's (per meter). Both units are in a 70 deg dry environment, with complete exposure to ambient air.

We experience dropouts with some frequency. Sometimes after 2 hours, sometimes after 3 minutes.  The units sometimes sync up after a dropout, other times, require a powerplug pull reset. Reset from the menu does not always work.

We also recently experienced a situation, where we changed from Channel 8 to channel 7 and the unit locked up and would not reset (with the soft button) and would lock up half way through the wireless>status window, displaying the wrong channel.

We have tried channels Auto, 11, 10, 9, and 7 all with worse results.

What can we do to eliminate the flakiness of these two units? Is this a common problem? Have we acquired two bad apples that should be returned as defective? We have tried everything and have run out of ideas.

Many Thanks

Bradley

2 Replies 2

Eric Moyers
Level 7
Level 7

Hi, My name is Eric Moyers. I am a Network Support Engineer in the Cisco Small Business Support Center. Thank you for using the Cisco Community Post Forums.

The drop out issue is something that several customers have been seeing. Please call into our support center 1-866-606-1866 and work with one of our answering agents to get this resolved. Working with them on the dropping may fix the lock-up issue as well.

Thanks

Eric Moyers

Cisco Network Support Engineer

SBSC Wireless and Surveillance SME

CCNA, CCNA-Wireless

1-866-606-1866

Hi Eric,

I've been having drop outs for a while too.

Is there someone I can contact (by e-mail preferably)?

I'm located in Australia.

Thanks,

Freddy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: