Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP4410N SNMP issue

billetj01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have 2 updated WAP4410N and for both I have problem with SNMP. I have 2 monitoring tools in different location trying to get info out of it (PRTG and Cacti). It works for 15minutes, graphing the bandwidth of the interface and then it stopped. I have to disable and enable again to make it work 15 more minutes...

What do you think ?

Thanks

JB

2 Replies 2

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear JB,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

If it works for 15 minutes, exact 15 minutes, I attempt to think this may be some sort of time out setting on the monitoring tools and most likely on the layer 3 gateway device allowing UDP 161 traffic for that fixed period of time, like a dynamic ACL firewall setting.  I suggest you to check that out and just to make sure the problem is not the WAP4410 I suggest you to run the latest firmware release version 2.0.6.1;

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=282414137&release=2.0.3.3&softwareid=282463166

Please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

vvijaysa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello billetj01,

What firmware are you running? We have  had similar problems with old firmware. I guess upgrading firmware will solve the issue (the new one is 2.0.6.1). Let me know if it didn't work.

Thanks

Vijay